#1 2004-08-11 17:10:17

Andy
Administrator
Из ESCKAZ.com
Сайт

Re: Voice of Asia, Almaty, Kazakhstan

So as I promised - here is extensive report about the biggest contest event in Asian part of the world - Voice Of Asia songcontest.
This year as usual not only Asian singers took part - but a lot of European ones too. I'll give my detailed view on every singer and I'm starting from European ones:
Nico (Nicoletta Matei) Romania - all of you remember her for Feeling Snow White song at this year preselection. She proved to be very professional singer, she sang 2 uptempo numbers and one very lyrical song. I guess we will see her someday at ESC too.
Zuzanna Madeiska - Poland - very devoted fans of ESC will remember this name too, as this girl participated in Polish preselection for Junior Eurovision last year. Now she is already 16 years old, and she was absolutely wonderful. She sang 2 songs in Polish (one of her own composition) and one song in English. For now she has already won number of contest and is already recognized in Poland. This girl will be having brilliant future! Remember her name!
Tom Malar - Czech Republic - a very modern singer, with not so brilliant singing abilities, but with charizma. One song Sexational is worth to mention.
Nargiz - Bulgaria - somewhat a bridge between Europe and Asia - performed very national and lyrical songs in Bulgarian and Turkish. Speaks Russian very well. For me she is too folk singer, but with strong voice.
Kinsa band - Dagestan, Russia - mostly comic band of 5 male singers singing though low tempo lyrical tunes. Well-known, but not so loved in Russia. Represents culture of Caucases.
As do Rondo band - Georgia - of 4 girls, singing very different songs again with national traditions. Not very much in tune though.
Lala Mamedova - Azerbaijan - well known and recognized in the region. Again singing mostly folk numbers, but with very professional and pleasant voice.
Moving to the East- YiRen band - China - represents culture of Yi nation in China- 3 male singers, very traditional instruments and unique way of singing.
Eka Deli - Indonesia - a better example of modern Indonesian music, with strong vocal abilities, though her songs selection is far from perfect.
Sheryn Regis - Phillipinnes - represents style of typical Star Academy singers - with a lot of aplomb, but lack of singing abilities. Had biggest number of supporters with her, who crushed website voting, wrote hundreds of messages in guest book etc.
Waheeda - Malaysia - and this is name to remember if you're fan of Asian and Islamic music. Having only one single with 4 songs already superstar in Asian region. Represents Islamic culture. Brilliant vocal abilities.
Nadine - Sri-Lanka - my overall favourite, superb singing and very different material from lyrical songs to some kind of rap ones. Absolutely best!
Two local performers: New Boys Band - Kazakhstan, a new band of 4 guys, remembered for acapella singing. Nice.
Alden Zhaksybekov - Kazakhstan - absolutely bad.

So this is it with introduction of singers - now about different events. Result will come later in the message to add suspence smile
Day first - strong hail, with hailstones around 1sm, just when New Boys were singing. They managed to finish, but were let to sing again. Rain is symbol of the contest which is taking place in mountain skate ring famous Medeo, it was raining all days through. Guest stars were Russian singer Dima Bilan - absolutely bad, he delayed his press-conference for 5 hours because he was sleeping which made journalists mad. He can not sing at all.
And... Best Voice herself - Bonnie Tyler. That was my dream from childhood to see her! I love her and her songs! She was marvelous, giving unplugged show for about 100 people who managed to survive hail, rain and Bilan's screams.
Also we marked 10th anniversary of live singing from MIR space station with cosmonaut Talgat Musabaev singing live from stadium now.
And win of our local superstar now - Marzhan Arapbaeva at prestigeous event - Slavyanski Bazar in Vitebsk, she performed once again Lara Fabian's Je t'aime.
Day 2 - singing jury only here at Voice of Asia - members of jury Alan Roy Scott, Ten Gire, Vehnee Saturno performed, with Nikolay Baskov (famous Russian star - pop/opera singer and juror this time), performed duet with Marzhan Arapbaeva. He was so delighted with her performance that invited her to record duet in Moscow. He also promised duet with Bonnie Tyler.
Guest star was USSR star Valery Leontiev.
Day 3 - end of contest and end of contest of contemporary Kazakh song - this year featured so popular Marat Sarbupeev, Medeu Arynbaev and of course Marzhan Arapbaeva. Nikolay Baskov gave his solo concert followed by Tatu clone Reflex group.
Guest of festival also were brilliant singer Anri from Georgia - winner of Astana festival, and not so brilliant Xu Yan winner of last year edition of VoA.
Day 4 - award ceremony took place, followed by performance of Russian bands Plazma and Chicherina. They never arrived to press-conference, one of Plazma was told to be mad and Chicherina were involved in minor car crush. I absolutely agree with local journalist, that when this so called stars have nothing to say - they are always ill. This is unacceptable behaviour - they can not sing and they never attend conferences.

So now moving to the result of the contest:
First of all I will again mention that my site is running alternative ranking of the contest for 7 years now and we are selecting alternative winner - our top 3 this time were Nadine, Zuzanna Madeiska and Waheeda. If you're interested in this rank - you can find it here - http://www.mainhill.wallst.ru/AsiaD.htm
Official site of VoA is located at http://www.voiceofasia.actis.kz/ and has good information and picture gallery, though updated poorly. Yesterday a day after contest was finished it still had no result. I'm no longer associated with it - so I'm not responcible for any mistakes, I worked as it's webmaster only in 2002.
So here we are:
best composer - Indonesia, best arranger - Romania, best sound designer - Czech Rep.
Journalist jury prize - Alden Zhaksybekov, Hit-TV viewers - Tom Malar
Diploma winners - Zuzanna Madeiska (Poland) and New Boys (Kazakhstan)
3rd prize and 2000 USD: Waheeda (Malaysia) and Alden Zhaksybekov (Kazakhstan)
2nd prize and 3500 USD: Sheryn Mae Regis (Philippines)
1st prize and 5000 USD: Eka Deli (Indonesia)
and Grand-Prix and 10000 USD: Nico (Romania)
so our congratulations to Nico and thanks for reading.

Andy Mikheev,
www.esckaz.com

#2 2005-03-13 22:17:08

for EKA DELI
Участник

i am a very very big fans of EKA DELI..
she's da one popular singer in Indonesia..
she hhave a very very gud voice..
n im very PROUD of her..
i think not juz me..
but Indonsia people very PROUD 2 of her..
juz keep going sing ya..
GOD BLESS U all da time..
Indonesia will always pray 4 u..
tekker...
adios...
we luv u..
i luv u 2..

siesie

#3 2005-04-26 10:46:54

Peter
Участник

will there be a voice of asia festival in 2005 ?? do you know on which day/days it will be?

peter

please reply to my e-mail adress: [email protected]

#4 2005-04-27 05:03:52

fdgfcv
Участник

hhaaa цyle цyle nediyonuz kardeюim siz ya afffff buyurun...ela be ela э love you sakis rouvas

#5 2005-05-23 11:39:48

sheryn regis
Участник

ang galing nya!!! she is so great!!! maybe the judges in that contest were bias that why sheryn got only the second place!!! biase judges!!!

Подвал доски